Labels

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Day 21 -- Revenge of the weather

Total distance: ~57 km (with some mountains)

The weather was absolutely ridiculous today. If it were raining all day at least there would have been some consistency and I could have gotten used to it. But instead all day it was alternating between torrential downpour and absolutely nothing, so it was an exercise in finding emergency shelter when it started to rain all day.

Still, it was an okay day. I saw three temples, but I didn’t really take that many pictures.

Temple 41 龍光寺 Ryūkōji (~10 km)
Ryūkōji
This temple was pretty small, but it looked nice. According to my book, this temple is a popular one for people praying for an abundant harvest, or for success in their businesses. I wonder how many people know that. I also wonder what they do when they want to pray for something that they don’t have a temple for close by. Do they just pray for it at this temple because it’s convenient? Road trip?

Temple 42 佛木寺 Butsumokuji (3.5 km)
I didn’t stay long at this temple. The rain was coming down particularly hard at this point so I didn’t really have much time to stick around.

Temple 43 明石寺 Meisekiji (14 km)
Some trees and stuff inside Meisekiji
This one was my favorite of the day. It was tucked away on top of a very wooded hill, so there were trees everywhere. The temple itself didn’t have very many buildings in it, but they were spread out so it felt very open. My book translates the name of this temple as ‘Daybreak and Stone’, which is a really cool name. 


Traveled a bit more (down a mountain, wheeeeeee) and here I am. Day 22 looks like it’s going to be a nice one. No rain. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment