Labels

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Day 12 -- An easy day

Total distance: ~24 km, mostly flat

Lots of walking beside raised rail today.
There’s not much to report today. I walked about 24 km along the southern coastline of Shikoku. About half of it was spent on a highway, and then the other half was along a very nice backwoodsy street that ran along the beach. Very pretty.

My foot’s feeling better, by the way. I’ve been using these little medicated muscle relaxer pad things

Most of the day I walked with a German dude I met the other day. He’s a retired history professor who spent most of his career teaching at a school for physically disabled high schoolers. Pretty awesome.

Ice Cream Lookout
Today I wanted a light day because of the pounding I put my foot through yesterday. Luckily that was pretty easy since I didn’t have to climb a mountain this morning, like I would have if I put off temple #27 for today. So that’s nice.

The city of Aki
About halfway through, we stumbled upon a cliffside lookout over a beach. A lady was selling ice cream there, so it was a pretty nice stop. I haven’t really spent very much time around the ocean, particularly this one, so I ended up taking tons of pictures of the water.

Anyway, no temples for today. That would have been a 36-or-so kilometer walk. Tomorrow though I may be able to hit three of them in about 26 km, according to Google maps. That'll be a nice pace for my foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment