Labels

Friday, April 17, 2015

Day 18 -- Cape number two!

Total distance: Almost exactly 50 km.

Some nice cycling roads though.
I don’t have a lot to report today. The road down here was very pretty, but there wasn’t a whole bunch to do on the ride down. Very few actual walkable beaches, no parks, etc.

But once I got to the temple, I had a bunch of spare time and was able to find ways to amuse myself.

Temple 38 金剛福寺 Kongōfukuji (~50 km)
Kongōfukuji is a temple on a cape, just like #24, Hotsumisakiji. But unlike when I was at Murotomisaki, sprinting for better milage through shooting pains in my joints, I actually had time to walk around and enjoy the scenery.

The pond in Kongōfukuji
First of all, the temple itself was quite nice. It had a big fish pond as a centerpiece and the whole temple was laid out in a circle around it. Very pretty.

Then I walked down to the cape and saw some cool stuff. I even had enough time to whip out my ukulele (for the FIRST TIME IN 18 DAYS) and play some stuff in the shade under a Japanese fern palm on the beach. Nice.

Anyway, I’m staying at the temple now. Tomorrow I’m off to the final temple of Kōchi, number 39, and then the next day I’ll hopefully be in Ehime prefecture! Exciting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment