Labels

Friday, March 16, 2012

Mid-March update

I guess it's time for another update, since I haven't written in a few days!

It's currently mid-March and things are progressing smoothly, more or less. I received the invoice from the school the other day, so today I went out to the bank and put in a bank transfer. It was a bit of a painful process, if only for the fact that the bank teller had to figure out how to spell things like HANEHIGASHIMACHI or KOSEIDORINISHI, and then read them over the phone to someone else she had to coordinate with. It was kinda cute, in a painstaking sort of way.

So, I'm told that it will take three business days maximum to reach the recipient, which means that the payment will be received no later than Monday. Hopefully they'll send the materials out right away and I'll have the certificate of enrollment in my hand as early as Wednesday. That'd give me a week and a half to get the visa.

Cutting it a little close. Still though, I should be done with everything with a few days to spare. I'm glad I made my last day at work the 23rd, so I have a whole week with no work to do last-minute things that need to be done.

In other news, I went out shopping this past weekend. Managed to get myself some good summer clothes, as well as some sandals. I figure it's kinda important to have summer clothes because from everything I've read, the summers get pretty oppressive in Okazaki. Still have a bit more shopping to do, though. I still want to find some uniquely-American candies or foods to pack in my suitcase to offer to the other students who may not have ever had them before.

All in all, this should be fun. Hurry up, international banking system.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to bring food too, but eventually had not room/weight left in my suitcases.

    Had my parents send me some, eventually.

    ReplyDelete