Labels

Monday, April 2, 2012

Tomorrow, I will be on the other side of the planet

Kinda difficult to believe. Lots of stuff happening at the moment, so I guess it's time to finish up another update as I sit here in the Chicago airport.

Last Week

I finally got my certificate of eligibility and whatever else back from the admissions office on Wednesday, so I spent most of Thursday running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get a package together to overnight to the New York consulate. They received it Friday morning, so the next step, as every step so far has been, was to "hurry up and wait." The consulate needed 4 business days to process my request, which means the visa would be done no later than Wednesday. I told them not to mail it to me when it's done; I wanted to  travel to New York the following week to pick it up. Sure beats waiting for the USPS to get it back to me.

On the social front, I've been hanging out with a lot of friends and coworkers who are nice enough to go out with me for foods and drinks as a farewell sort of thing. On Friday, which was my last day of work, I was actually feeling a little melancholy by the end of the day. I guess I got a little bit worn out, having to continually say goodbye to a bunch of friends I've been hanging out with every single day for the past two years. Still, I've been planning this for years now, so oh well.

This Week

This week started off pretty nice, what with the not having to go to an office all day thing. Be the end of the week I was a little burnt out, having spent most of my waking hours cleaning, packing, calling to get bills taken care of, taxes, car stuff, and then planning and attending a little going away party sort of thing for myself at the Hofbrauhaus. Exhausting. Stressful. But here I am, sitting in O'Hare, waiting for my flight that will start boarding at 12:30 central time. That's in about a half hour from exactly right now.

I really lucked out on the seat assignment. Apparently I'm going to be sitting by the window, which has the bonus of controlling the window shade as well as an outlet for my laptop! That's a relief because I don't know how I'd deal with a 13 hour flight with zero electronics.

I'll be writing another blog entry on the way, probably, but I obviously won't be able to post it, what with being over the Pacific ocean and all. So I guess the next entry you'll see from me will be tomorrow... morning for those of you who are still in the United States. It'll be night time for me, so my sleep schedule will be totally all screwed up.

Sorry about the lack of pictures. My camera isn't charged and I can't find an outlet anywhere to charge it. I'll be able to take pictures once I arrive in Japan, and I think I'll even be able to carry my laptop around my apartment so I can put a little video up when I get there.

Geez. As I'm writing this entry, conservative talk radio is blaring into my head and it's kinda hard to concentrate.

Anyway, I'm gonna head out. See you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment