Labels

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

New schedule, and my own class

Welcome to the new school year!

Generally, new classes for kids start around April or so. That means my schedule for the morning and the afternoon has changed around drastically. Most importantly, I've recently found myself in charge of a weekday kindergarten class.

What's nice about being the primary teacher is that I'm now working early in the morning every day, which means that generally I am able to go home a little earlier every day. I also don't have to go to the park anymore. It's not that I don't like park time, but having to go every day for a year got a little tiring, for sure.

Of course, I've never been in charge of creating a curriculum like this before and it feels a little overwhelming at times. There are a lot of books to keep track of, as well as making sure the other teachers know what they're supposed to be doing every afternoon. There are a few new teachers as well, so a lot of times I have to prepare their lessons for them too.

It's part of the job though, and I don't mind it, especially if it means I don't have to stay at work until way late.

Also, in unrelated news, this country has this really weird thing where any time there's a picture of an animal on a product, its eyes are always photoshopped to be unnaturally enormous. The other day I found a brand of cat food that led some insight into the reason behind this particular cat's thousand-yard wide-eyed horror stare.

Cat Smack.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment